Kilcummin Rural Development Limited was initiated in 1993 as Kilcummin Rural Development Group in response to the EU Leader 11 Programme. It is our objective to maximise the potential of our own resources and to provide job training and opportunities for the unemployed in our area, to improve our environment and provide quality essential services including an efficient secretarial service to the Community. We also liaise with Kerry Adult Education to arrange courses requested by people and for businesses in Kilcummin.
Our office which is situated in the Village is open from 9:00am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
Mission Statement: Kilcummin Rural Development Limited aims to maintain and strengthen the community fabric by encouraging and facilitating local initiatives to:
- help preserve our local traditions, history and environment
- assistant individual and clubs to source information, training and funds to development Kilcummin economically and socially
- provide opportunities for business, farmers, youth and other groups to link with their European counterparts having similar interests and goals
- encourage greater recycling efforts within the parish
- provide a secretarial service within the community